Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene. Burj Khalifa, an 830m-tall tower, dominates the skyscraper-filled skyline. At its foot lies Dubai Fountain, with jets and lights choreographed to music. On artificial islands just offshore is Atlantis, The Palm, a resort with water and marine-animal parks.
- Area: 4,114 km²
- Local time: Tuesday 6:51 AM
- Weather: 24°C, Wind S at 10 km/h, 70% Humidity
- Population: 3.01 million (Feb 28, 2018)
- Colleges and Universities: University of Dubai, MORE
- Did you know: Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (2,665,978).